Atwood Lake Aquatic Vegetation Plan
2020 Aquatic Vegetation Plan
- Shoreline Application in June.
- Exact timing of applications are dependent on weather conditions.
- Aquatic Treatment.
- Treat all areas of significant Eurasian watermilfoil growth (up to 9 acres expected) in the spring of 2020 using ProcellaCOR at the rate of 1-4 prescription dosing units (PDU) per acre-foot. The average depth of the initial treatment is expected to be approximately 7 feet. This relatively new product has shown promise in providing selective control of Eurasian watermilfoil. Follow up any areas of later-season Eurasian watermilfoil growth noted (up to 2 acres expected) with ProcellaCOR at the rate of 1-4 PDU (approx. expected 7-foot avg. depth).
- Treat all areas of significant curly-leaf pondweed growth (up to 12 acres) in the early spring of 2020 (water temperatures between 50 and 60 F) using diquat at the rate of 1 gallon per surface acre (approx. expected 6-foot avg. depth).
- Utilize a summer Tier II plant survey to track plant community health. A late-season Tier II occurrence of 5% or less for Eurasian milfoil and curly-leaf pondweed along with the elimination of all dense stands of curly-leaf pondweed within two weeks after treatment will serve as a treatment response benchmarks to indicate the desired control is occurring.
- Planning and Surveys for 2020.